Get Your Taxes Prepared for Free This Season
CA$H Greater Portland Volunteers are Ready to Help
CA$H Greater Portland, an initiative of United Way of Southern Maine in partnership with the Greater Portland community, will be launching its 2024 free tax preparation service this February with three options to prioritize the health and safety of our tax filers, IRS-certified volunteers, partners, and staff.
Households that earned $64,000 or less in 2023 have four free, flexible and easy ways to file their taxes through CA$H Greater Portland. For full eligibility and details on the eight other CA$H Coalitions in Maine, visit cashmaine.org/free-tax-prep. For York County tax preparation, please visit https://yccac.org/free-tax-preparation/.
The options below will not be available until late January 2024. However, you can reserve an in-person appointment time now by calling 207-347-2335.
- In-Person Appointment: Schedule an appointment for in-person service at UWSM’s Portland office with the online scheduling tool or by calling 207-347-2335 and leaving a message with your name and phone number.
- Fully Virtual Service: Visit getyourrefund.org/gpmaine to start the online intake process. You’ll answer a series of questions, upload documents, receive phone calls from our team, and e-sign before we e-file your return.
- Online DIY: File your own taxes (with access to helpline support) at myfreetaxes.com.
- Scan & Go: No mobile device or computer? No problem! Starting January 24, visit one of our Scan & Go Sites to pick up an intake packet and then return to have your documents scanned into GetYourRefund. You’ll receive phone calls from our team, and then return to the site to sign off, before we e-file your return.
- Portland Housing Authority, Sagamore Village Study Center, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9am-4pm
- Portland Housing Authority, Riverton Park, Monday-Friday 9am-4pm
- cPort Credit Union, Portland or Scarborough branches, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 9am-4pm. Priority given to cPort members.
Still have a question about filing? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 207-347-2335. Please note: We are receiving a high number of inquiries. Thank you for your patience.
ABOUT CA$H GREATER PORTLAND
Creating Assets, Savings, and Hope (CA$H) Greater Portland is a partnership of community leaders and industry experts working together to help empower individuals and families to achieve long-term financial stability and asset building. We offer free tax preparation to qualified filers during tax season, help employers bring financial education tools to their employees, and educate hard-working families and individuals about programs in the community that can increase their income, reduce debt, and builds savings. CA$H is a year-round resource, providing outreach and education about ways you can make the most of your money.