ACA Open Enrollment 2021
November 1, 2021
ACA Open Enrollment for 2021 Healthcare Coverage Begins Nov 1.
With millions of Americans impacted by COVID-19 finding affordable, comprehensive coverage is more important than ever. Open Enrollment will begin on November 1 for 2022 healthcare coverage.
Keep it Simple: Top 5 Things to Know about Open Enrollment
1. When: November 1, 2021 – January 15, 2022, Some states may extend their deadlines, beyond January 15. If you are currently enrolled in an ACA plan for 2021, you will be auto-enrolled for 2022. You have the opportunity during Open Enrollment to review your plan and make changes.
2. Where: CoverME.gov and HealthCare.Gov can only sell ACA plans, so you can rest easy knowing you’re getting a comprehensive plan that will be there for you when you need it.
3. What: Comprehensive coverage at an affordable price. HealthCare.Gov plans must include key benefits like mental health care, maternity care, prescription drug coverage, and hospitalization services. In addition to good coverage, most marketplace shoppers will qualify for a discount based on their income. Premium tax credits have been expanded to make health plans even more affordable. In 2021, more than 8 in 10 shoppers qualified for financial assistance to help cover all out-of-pocket costs.
4. Why: Peace of mind. Financial security. Access to comprehensive care. There are so many reasons to sign up for affordable, comprehensive coverage, join the millions who have gained health insurance thanks to the ACA!
5. How: Enroll online, over the phone, or in person. Log on to the official ACA marketplace at CoverME.gov, HealthCare.Gov, or CuidadodeSalud.Gov, call the marketplace call center at 1-800-318-2596, or make an appointment for virtual or in-person assistance through the Get Covered Connector.