Week of Action_Test
Week of Action: May 16 to May 20
Get ready to TAKE ACTION with United Way of Southern Maine! May 16 through May 20, 2022, UWSM will offer a variety of activities in support of programs and partners across Southern Maine for companies and individuals to volunteer and give back throughout the region. Week of Action has something for everyone to engage and make a difference!
Week at a Glance
Below is our Week of Action schedule at a glance. For questions please contact Karen Stephenson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, May 16: The official kick-off of our Week of Action with a virtual morning announcement and online training.
Tuesday, May 17 to Thursday, May 19: Three days with many ways to give back and volunteer across Southern Maine.
Friday, May 20: Join us at the ballpark for Books and Baseball. More details coming soon!
Are you an organization hoping to register your volunteer activity? Join the growing list of nonprofit partners today by completing your volunteer listing, and submitting your participation agreement. Resources and more are listed below.
- Link to VolunteerME Southern Maine: HERE
- Project Registration Guide: 2022 Agency Project Registration Guide
- Sample Projects Connected to Thrive2027 Goals: UWSM Week of Action Project Ideas Connected to Thrive2027 Goals
- Participation Agreement: 2022 Week of Action Participation Agreement
Are you a company looking for more information, or to get involved? Please complete the pre-registration link below, and check back for updates. For questions please contact Karen Stephenson at email@example.com.
- Pre-registration link: HERE
- One sheet about Week of Action: Coming Soon
- Checklist with key dates: Coming Soon
- T-Shirt Ordering: Coming Soon
Additional Virtual Volunteer Ideas: Warm Fuzzies
We’re inviting you to take part in one of the projects below by yourself, with your family, and/or virtually with your colleagues. When you do participate, please share your activity photos in our shared album: https://bit.ly/36epPEi.
- Host a Diaper Drive at your workplace, school, or in your neighborhood. FMI: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create an inspirational card for a student backpack kit. FMI: email@example.com.
- Create a literacy kit, camp kit, or cleaning kit.
- Gather children’s books, or purchase children’s books, to donate at UW’s Books & Baseball event, May 20.
- Do a beach/ trail clean-up.
- Make a toy or donate food/ blankets to an animal shelter. Check with the local shelter for current needs.
- Pack a “meal” bag to donate (macaroni & cheese; spaghetti and sauce; rice and beans; taco meal; peanut butter and jelly). Contact your local food bank or pantry for details.
- Bake cookies or brownies for your neighbor or a first responder.
- Make kindness rocks and hide around your neighborhood. The Kindness Rock Project: VISIT THIS LINK. For ideas: VIST THIS LINK
- Take a book, leave a book at a Little Free Library. For a map of Little Free Libraries in your neighborhood visit HERE.
Share Your Volunteer Story