CA$H Greater Portland Tax Filing Event
August 24, 2022
550 Forest Avenue
Suite 100, Portland
Do you need assistance filing a Maine return in order to receive the $850 relief check?
CA$H Greater Portland volunteers can help you with that and see if you’re eligible for other state credits, like the Property Tax Fairness Credit and Sales Tax Fairness Credit!
Upcoming Filing Event Dates:
- Thursday, September 15: 9am-12pm; 1pm-4pm: Sign Up!
- Thursday, September 22: 9am-12pm; 1pm-4pm: Sign Up!
Location: United Way of Southern Maine, 550 Forest Avenue, Suite 100 in Portland
Our parking lot and visitor entrance are on Ashmont Street.
What you (and your spouse, if married filing jointly) should bring:
- Government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license
- Social Security Card
- Any income documents for 2021, such as:
- Social Security Income (SSI) statement (SSA-1099)
- Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) statement
- Other income-related tax documents such as 1098s, 1099s, Maine Disaster Relief Program check amount, if received, unemployment, etc.
- Amount of rent or property tax paid in 2021, whether utilities were included in the rent and amounts, and landlord contact information
- Optional: bank account information, including checking or savings account number and routing number (this would only be used if you are eligible for PTFC/STFC credit and prefer direct deposit)
Let Us Know You’re Coming
Please click here to RSVP for one of our upcoming events. This helps with our planning and may reduce wait times. Walk-ins are also welcome.
Please note: We will only be able to help file Maine returns for 2021 using the Maine i-File website at these events. During the regular tax season (late January-April), we can help with other filing needs.