We’re Hiring! Technology Support Manager
April 1, 2022
Technology Support Manager
Be a part of the change!
Join a team of committed, results-oriented, and successful professionals who work to support and advance United Way of Southern Maine’s (UWSM’s) mission to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community.
We are seeking a service-oriented and self-motivated professional to join our Technology and Communications team as a Technology Support Manager. The Manager will support information technology systems and networks and organizational customer relationship management (CRM) and fundraising tools. The Technology Support Manager will collaborate with teams to understand and communicate needs, provide thought partnership on system and process improvements, and help staff and partners successfully use technology solutions to advance the mission of United Way of Southern Maine.
- Communicates with the staff of varying technical expertise to assess, troubleshoot, and address technology issues as they occur.
- Coordinates outsourced vendors, including support helpdesk, audiovisual, phone, internet, and other equipment vendors, to support team members.
- Conducts the setup, upgrade, installation, and ongoing maintenance of laptops and other equipment as needed, including technology infrastructure at two office locations (Portland and Kennebunk).
- Manages new users’ onboarding and training.
- Administers IT equipment inventory, including laptops, routers, servers, peripherals, office equipment, etc., for staff, volunteers, and Loaned Executives.
- Performs first-line administrative functions, including email management, the addition and deletion of users, and directory maintenance for Office 365.
- Contributes to all technology upgrades, new software or technology deployment, and new policy implementation.
- Communicates with, trains, and educates employees on IT systems, changes, and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Donor Management and Fundraising Support:
- Responsible for cloud-based tools for CRM, online giving, volunteerism, and advocacy, including training users and troubleshooting issues.
- Project manages the implementation of new solutions and documentation of process and training.
- Works with Resource Development team to ensure flawless execution of workplace campaigns.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following administrative and troubleshooting standards, including report accuracy, dashboard design, readability, consistency, and data quality; maintaining databases.
- Holds a deep level of knowledge in CRM applications with the ability to gain understanding via self-study and testing.
- Provides training and troubles
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the mission of United Way of Southern Maine.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience in IT and/or project management with technical acumen.
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of staff and donor information.
- Willingness to identify and solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion.
- Ability to prepare specialized reports with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Expert in Microsoft applications (especially Office365), CRM (e.g., Salesforce, Blackbaud), database software experience desirable.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated strong self-motivation, discretion, and independent work with limited supervision
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Valid driver’s license, verifiable auto insurance, and personal vehicle use are required.
Duties require completion of a bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent or a combination of High School. Diploma/GED and relevant professional coursework and experience.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. UWSM’s COVID-19 Policy requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (or receive a reasonable accommodation) before starting. We currently operate in a hybrid work environment, mostly remote (work-from-home) with limited in-person activities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require long hours and weekend work during peak times or to address technology issues as they arise.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Why choose United Way of Southern Maine?
Advancing the common good is about helping one person at a time and creating community change that benefits every community member. We are all connected and interdependent; we all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, and when people are healthy.
We have a staff of 45 dedicated employees to help us achieve our goals and fulfill our mission: To improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. To support the great work of our employees, we offer a competitive salary and a robust benefits package, including health and dental insurance, a 403 (b) plan, life insurance, generous paid vacation, holiday, and sick time off.
Additionally, United Way of Southern Maine offers:
- Convenient and central Portland and Kennebunk locations with free parking
- Tuition assistance and opportunities for professional development
- Wellness resources and Employee Assistance Program access
- Personal and floating holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- An excellent team of top-notch professionals that share your passion for strengthening our community
United Way of Southern Maine is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse environment and to the principles that promote inclusive practices. We are dedicated to building a diverse staff with expertise and interest in serving our communities and encouraging persons of all diversity types to apply.
United Way of Southern Maine has identified a set of Core Values as our essential tenets. These define and describe who United Way of Southern Maine will endeavor to be in all situations, both internal and external.
At United Way of Southern Maine, we are:
- Community Centered
- Results Focused
- Intentionally Collaborative
- Committed to Excellence
- Leading with Integrity
Applications are accepted through April 22, 2022. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Cameron Peden at firstname.lastname@example.org.