United Way of Southern Maine is where the community comes together to help children, individuals, and families in ways that create a brighter future for all.
United Way of Southern Maine’s mission is to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. We are uniting individuals and organizations around our community’s shared vision, Thrive2027, three 10-year goals to improve education, financial stability, and health for every person in Southern Maine.
With community partners, we build on strategies that are known to achieve the best results, and we rigorously evaluate our progress. And, because we believe everyone has a role to play in building a thriving community, we actively seek to engage donors, advocates, and volunteers to create measurable, long-lasting community change.
OUR MISSION: To improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community.
- Engaged: identify needs and prioritize best interest of communities
- Inclusive: comprehensive and embracing of others
- Aware: considerate of diverse circumstances within communities
- Strategic: forward thinking, purposeful and informed
- Action-oriented: translate strategy into achievable outcomes
- Accountable: responsible for processes and outcomes
- Respectful: honoring and engaging different perspectives
- United: shared ownership
- Connected: aligning voices and activities
Committed to Excellence.
- Intentional: deliberate and driven by mission and data
- Efficient: organized, logical, productive and cost-effective
- Effective: prepared, delivering quality work and continuously improving
Leading with Integrity.
- Fair: equitable, just, inclusive, and trustworthy
- Realistic: reasonable, practical, and acknowledging our limitations
- Transparent: open, candid, and honest