RFP: UWSM Racial Equity Fund
September 20, 2021
United Way of Southern Maine (UWSM) is pleased to announce that the application for the UWSM Racial Equity Fund (REF) is now available. With funding from lead founding partner, IDEXX, the REF supports the work of local nonprofits led by and serving people of color in our community while advancing the work at the heart of the community-developed Thrive2027 initiative.
- Application opens – Monday, September 20, 2021.
- Interactive information session – Tuesday, September 21, 2021, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Visit uwsme.org/racialequityfund to access the Zoom meeting link to participate.
- Applications due – Monday, November 1, 2021 5:00 p.m.
The UWSM Racial Equity Fund was established to:
- Support and strengthen organizations led by and serving Black and African American individuals and other people of color while advancing the work of Thrive2027.
- Address inequities related to the strong infrastructure, funding networks, data, and metrics more established organizations have.
- Provide programmatic support, and funding for organizational capacity building and/or general operating costs to build sustainability for organizations.
Additional Support and Resources:
- Technical Assistance: Applicants to the Racial Equity Fund will be able to work with UWSM staff during the application process, but applicants will also have access to grant writers to support the completion of their application.
- Resource Webpage: This page includes answers to frequently asked questions. For example, links can be found for information on the fund timeline, a step-by-step workbook to understand the application requirements, a staff contact list, and short videos explaining more about UWSM’s Racial Equity Fund and Thrive2027.
Thank you for the work you are doing every day to help support our neighbors and community. You make us hopeful for a thriving Southern Maine.